Introducing the first fully functional touchscreen housing for underwater use.
- ROBUST, WATERPROOF HOUSING designed to withstand extreme pressure.
- FLEXIBLE MEMBRANE allows the diver to interface with the touchscreen while still keeping the iPad protected.
- PRESSURE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM enables the diver to put a layer of air between the screen and membrane, while at the same time allowing the critical function of bleeding air during ascents.
- THREADED ACCESSORY MOUNTS around the housing perimeter allow the user to customize configurations with external lights, sensors, or other tools
- COMPATIBLE with the iPad 2, 3, 4 & Air
RECOMMENDED DEPTH RATINGS*:
CO2 Supply – 40M
First Stage Supply – 100M
iDive® housings have been tested successfully to 100M with no negative effects to the iPad.
* The iDive housing is pressure balanced and does not have an official depth limit maximum for touchscreen functionality. The depth and run time is directly affected by the ability to supply gas to the housing. Use, descents and ascents during a dive will affect the total amount of time the touchscreen will remain functional.
JIM PENA, ENGINEER AND iDIVE HOUSING LEAD
“The iDive Housing is a major breakthrough for researchers, professionals and anyone else operating in water environments.”
LUIZ ROCHA, ASSISTANT CURATOR AND FOLLETT CHAIR OF ICHTHYOLOGY AT THE CALIFORNIA ACADEMY OF SCIENCES
“The use of digital devices like iPads underwater will bring marine science into the 21st century, providing scuba diving biologists with quick access to detailed survey sheets, fish ID guides, or complex task lists, all in one small easy to use package.”
MICHAEL BERUMEN, PROFESSOR & iDIVE FOUNDER
“Although it is a simple concept, the iDive housing allows divers to complete tasks underwater that are currently complex due to a lack of efficient tools, such as recording data for research purposes, managing underwater film production and accessing technical drawings below the surface.”